2010 ARS Seed Exchange
seed contributions will be accepted throughout the year until December 1st,
List seed parent
name first and the pollen parent second on hybrid crosses.
· Mail seed to:
Bethesda, MD 20817
· Digital photos for posting on the electronic version of the catalog can be e-mailed to ARSseed@gmail.com.
· A notice will be printed in the fall/winter issue? of the ARS Quarterly Journal that the seed list will be published at the web address http://www.rhododendron.org/seedexchange.htm, after January 1st 2010. Seed will be listed alphabetically by seed parent name using nomenclature information provided by the contributor. A second and separate listing of all seed contributed by a specific donor will follow the alphabetical list. A hard copy seed listing will be available and will be mailed to individuals, who request it, without internet address.
· After February 1st, and allowing time for all orders to arrive in Bethesda, MD, seed will be distributed for orders received, first to contributors, then to all other ARS members equally.
· Seed will be packaged in glassine envelopes, and available at a cost of $4.00 for seed collected on Exchange sponsored seed collections (e.g. the 2009 Exchange sponsored china trip), $3.00 for h.p. and c.w. seed, and $1.00 for o.p. seed. Package size will usually range from 50 to 100 seeds per package depending upon availability. Shipping and handling will be an additional $3.00/($4.00 overseas shipments) for all seed shipped in one order. Orders can be placed by e-mail to ARSseed@gmail.com or by a letter addressed to:
ARS Seed Exchange
Bethesda, MD 20817
Seed Orders from ARS members
outside the USA:
· Swedish chapter members: if you pay your treasurer, please indicate "Bill Swedish Chapter" on your order.
· Scottish chapter members: if you pay your treasurer, please indicate "Scottish Chapter" on your order.
Simultaneously send your
chapter a cheque or money order or cash for the full amount of the seed
ordered at the same time as you submit your order to the seed exchange.
Any difference in final cost of the seed supplied by the exchange could be
refunded to U.K. Members by the Chapter, or in the case of their Overseas
Members be credited to their account. All payments to the treasurer of
the Scottish chapter are to be in sterling and cheques to be at the exchange
rate of US $1.43 to the pound. The Scottish Chapter reserves the right to
amend this rate of exchange to take account of any major changes in the
foreign currency markets during the year to 31st December, 2010.
2010 Pollen-To-Seed Program
The Exchange is continuing the Pollen-To-Seed Program in 2010 and will reimburse up to $50. (US) to the Rhododendron Species Foundation (RSF) if seed from successful crosses are sent to the Exchange. New contributors may be eligible to participate with prior Exchange approval. The Exchange has submitted a list of seed contributors to the RSF eligible to receive pollen in 2010. Contributors should order pollen directly from the RSF and they will ship order directly to you.